Thursday, March 31, 2011

Catching Up



Wow...so much has been going on in my life that I don't know where to start.

Kris was here for two weeks and it was wonderful to visit in person. We kept talking about how cool it is to see each others' mannerisms and facial expressions. We've been friends for 5 years and have only seen each other in person 3 times. But we talk on the phone every day.

And, oh my gosh, the art time we had was so wonderful. It is so inspiring to create with someone else who shares my interests. We both learned and got inspired from each other. Of course, we did a lot of shopping, too! We found a scrapbook store only 20 mins away from me that has the coolest stuff!!!

She and I found this great paper, in sheets of like 3 x 4 ft at an estate sale. It's printmaking paper which is just luscious. We intended to make spiral bound journals with it, but my Zutter Bind it All is so hard to work with that we gave up and decided to just sew the binding on them. Well, my wonderful Mister, bought me a brand new binder!!!!
It is really cool. It's by Cinch. The little pink pegs can be pushed and pulled for where you want the holes punched.

So, with it we made each of us two journals. I don't have pictures of them unfortunately. We made covers from x-rays and monopoly boards. They are very cool!

Mister was supposed to have surgery today, but he got a cold so they cancelled the surgery until he gets well. It was very unfortunate. The surgery is an aortal bifemoral bypass. It's a very serious operation and we have both been mentally preparing for it for months. So now we have to start all over whenever they reschedule it.

He and I quit smoking two weeks ago. We've been trying off and on for months but we finally did it. The first week was awful. Last week wasn't too bad, really, but the past two days have been horrible for me. I'll be so glad when I'm further along and not so lost. I can't concentrate on anything very long, and just feel like I've lost a body part or something.

My son, Lanny, and his wife are closing today on their first home! They are so excited and I'm so happy for them. They have 4 kids so it will be so nice for them to have a bigger home and yard for the kids.

2 comments:

  1. Z, the third week is a hurdle for sure, but keep in mind a craving lasts less than 5 mins, so ride them like waves. Soon they will be further and further apart and less intense. Then there will be the day you forget to think about them! I am so proud of both of you.

    And I so SO envious of your time with Kris; the long phone calls I used to have with both of you really brought joy to my days. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Zura, with the not smoking. You will be SOOOO glad you quit later down the road. Hope your hubby gets to feeling better quickly and gets strong and healthy for his surgery.

    My dad bought me a binder, plastic comb, over 10 years ago and I've made hundreds of books with it. A wonderful tool to have.

    Spring's finally on the move in, going to have a bright sunny day today. Hope yours is the same. :)

    ReplyDelete