Saturday, March 12, 2011

Friends of the HeART

My good friend, and art pal, Kristina and I watched a video by Pam Carriker where she demonstrates how to do a drawing in charcoal from a photograph. Whenever Kristina and I get together we always do a page in each other's art journal, so we decided to try doing a portrait of each other using Pam's technique. I'm quite proud how they both turned out.

Here's Kristina's drawing of me.

I wish you could see it in person. This scan doesn't show the subtleties of color and value very well. She did a great job!!

Here's my drawing of Kris.


The mouth really looks a lot like hers. The eyes aren't exactly right, but they're close. I like this one best, because I had such a young, pretty subject to draw :)

We had so much fun doing these. Kris used Conti crayon to draw hers and I used Conti charcoal pencils.

2 comments:

  1. See, and I love the one I did of you, because I had such a beautiful subject to work with. Isn't it amazing how we both used the same technique, and yet it's evident that our "hand", our style, was all over it?

    Thank you for the fantastic idea, and for creating such a beautiful and wonderful memory with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @DellaLuna

    Thanks, Kris. It was a team effort! :)

    ReplyDelete